Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Craft Room 2010

Hope you take the time to leave a comment, and look around my blog- would love to have to become a follower

Are you ready to take a view through my craft room? I lovingly call this my Craft Cave because it is in the basement, but I love spending time there. I would say I enjoy the space because it is where we had a bedroom for our youngest son-yes we were a blended family with three teenagers and needed everyone to have their own space.
Now it is a"guest" bedroom for each of our children when they come home on leave or to just to visit , but for those rare times when they need to come home to get a dose of pampering from mom.
I have carved a niche in this "basement cave" to call my own.Won't you pop in to visit?
I always enjoy new visitors, just let me know you were here.
.

Here is the link to my last video of my room ...things have changed some since then.
Hope you enjoy the pictures, let me know if you have any questions- love to share my ideas.
 These are some of the many shelves I have purchased at Goodwill- of course I had to alter them and painted them off white/ country white.
I love to collect glass jars- many sizes shapes .LOVE how my supplies look and how easy it is to find things.

 This is the top of one of my cabinets- love my Clip it up by Renee, would really love a floor model.
I have also used one of those organizers I found in the tool section of my local hardware store. My smaller punches and edgers fit perfectly. I put an example on each front so I know which punch is in each drawer.
 Used some bars from Ikea to display a few more punches- the metal planters work great to keep my plugs and extension cords for my Cricut and Jukebox.

Wanted to share a few of my ribbon ideas- I used one of those pant hangars to put LOTS of my ribbon. The larger rolls fit on the top. My husband made the gutter keepers for my ribbon spools. It is a little messy right now but it holds a lot of spools and makes it easier to find what I need.
 Here is a couple of my plastic drawer organizers. I have lots of embellishments, chipboard, grunge board and many more loose items,also lots of my 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. I also have altered a few other finds to display. Love my birdhouse and frames to share my favorite pictures.

 I recently took all the stuff off these shelves and decided to paint all the insides country white.
I have purchased several of the Iris clear boxes to organize many things. I have one or two for each holiday and keep as many things as I can such as embellishments, scrap papers, stamps all together- when I want to make a project I just need to pull a container.
All my Copics and colored pencils are together, all my embossing folders, sizzix dies, and cutting things together.


 Here is a view of the top of my work area,some of my favorite jars.
Also have one- three drawer organizer to keep most of my acrylic stamps.

I have a couple of the spinning tool organizers on my desktop to keep all my favorite tools right at my finger tips.
Maybe you noticed all my buttons lined up in the etched glass jars, I sorted colors and placed a few here so I have them when I need them- the rest are on the shelf in the first picture above.
It is a full area but I love having everything right near me.
 This is one of my favorite purchases-a medium sized 12x 12 paper rack. I keep a majority of my  favorite papers right here next to my workstation.

Another one of my cabinets- have most of my storage baskets I won or received from CSN

The last pictures are another cabinet I painted in country white- you might notice I love organizing in containers- lots of extra supplies kept in here. The bottom drawers are all my Stampin up sets stacked.

I want to thank you for popping in today, I always enjoy visitors -regulars or new faces.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings