Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Monday, February 6, 2012

Won't You Visit The Dress Form Ball

*** this is my second post today- please refresh to see my Sweet Stamps post***

This is so exciting! I am sharing a very unusual project today...it is a dress form!
I am linking up my project to The Polka Dot Closet Dress Form Party...it will be from February 7th-14th.
The dress form is from Barr Display.

My dress form has been decorated with many items I have been saving forever. The dress is a children's formal piece that I cut apart and used bits and pieces.
This is the top of my dress form. I started by using vintage music sheets  and printed vintage dress forms  on the sheets.The sheets were added to the dress form with mod podge.
I cut off the netting from underneath the dress and used around the neckline
This is the bottom half , I also used another section of netting around the waist. The pink satin around the waist was cut off the bottom. I used some vintage ear bobs to accent the waist.
These are a couple hat boxes I have them displayed a top in my craft room...the boxes hold antique doilies and vintage gloves.
 Can you see all the vintage pieces of jewelery I used on the top? Love pearls and these delight me to see them hanging on my first dress form.
I really wish my pictures were better but I was in such a hurry to get these photos posted. I will try to get better ones this week.
Just love this added piece for my craft room-especially in pink ,but easily removable clothes in case I feel like changing. I think I have a new addiction...can't wait to get my next dress form.
I know my craft friends that visit weekly will be thrilled to see her finely dressed!
Please take the time to stop over and visit all the wonderful people that have shared their dress forms at The Polka Dot Closet Dress Form Ball.

Vintage hugs
I am linking up to the following parties
Ladybug Blessings.
Today's Creative BlogSumo's Sweet Stuff
Making







post signature

17 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I am your newest follower! :)

    I just love your dress form, the sheet music and hat boxes are so pretty as well.

    Thank You for sharing and have a wonderful week!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty--love the idea of sitting it on pretty hatboxes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is gorgeous! I love her waste band and shirt. I store all my beads around my dress forms neck. I think this is the big girls way of playing dolls, I change my dress forms clothes all the time. I am just honored that you joined the dress form ball, thank you so much!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that?! I have a dress form stuffed in my attic somewhere...now I want to get her down and gussy her up! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One post and so many parties to attend. Well, She is dressed up perfectly! Gorgeous fabric! And those hat boxes add the right height!
    Hope y'all have fun at the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's just beautiful, and all ready for the party ~ I'm sure she will have a blast at the ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, isn't she a pretty little thing! Popping in from Carol's dress form party to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She sure is pretty all dressed up in her finest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! i want that pearl necklace!!!! just kidding.

    holy crap girl! you weren't joking! this is fabulous and i am even more impressed with your talent. i so wished we lived closer!!!!! no. maybe not. we'd never get anything done!

    you so totally freakin' ROCK!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo beautiful Dawn!... I love dressforms, so fun to "play" dressup with them!... thanks for the birthday wishes for Tessy!... I signed up on your Linky too!... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A vision in WHITE... so perfectly perfect..she's lovely. Hope she and Hedy get to meet at the Ball...new friends are a blessing.
    Have fun...
    xoso
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use to have an antique dress form with my mom's wedding dress on it. They are fun to decorate and you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sweet dressform is so pretty. I love the soft, shimmery fabric, and all of her beautiful jewels. And she looks perfect atop your beautiful hat boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a truly elegant dress form!! Love the dress you have displayed on her and the hat boxes that she rest on are such a wonderful touch!

    Great post!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so much fun seeing how lovely and creative blogging gals are with their dress forms. Love the hat box stand.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very nicely done. I love this dress form and it is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings