Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Mornings Blocks


What do you think these blocks of wood will become? You won't believe what I have made.
I signed up for an online class with one of my favorite artists, she has so many great classes
Yes and Amen Blog  with Junelle...I have taken a few of her classes and always learn so much.
 These are a couple of the blocks I made that look like vintage letters.
I used some of my favorite products like Mod Podge, Faber Castell, Americana Deco Art paints.
Let me share a couple steps along the way.

 Using old book paper and adding to my blocks...using Mod Podge to attach and seal everything.
 Using watered down Gesso to whitewash everything.
 Using some of my favorite colors and just laying down some color

 adding more color to look some what like greens and flowers.

Using some more old book paper and some Tim Holtz words.
Stop back this week to see how I use my left over paint and book paper to make the extra embellishments on the top of these blocks and to use in my planner and altered art projects.

Thanks for popping in...hope you have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Sunshine! I am loving these blocks! What a great idea for the teens I work with sometimes! Do you have any idea how much I love opening up my email and seeing your name in my inbox??? YAY! Dawns back! Thanks for sharing...loved the photo tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwww! These are gorgeous!!!! I am LOVING them!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings