Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Designer Craft Connection Monthly Thank You Gift

Hello,
Welcome to another monthly project with Designer Crafts Connection.
The Designer Crafts Blog Connection is a group of professional Arts & Crafts industry designers, who are linked together to support each other and industry manufacturers with one objective - to share their love of crafts with as many people as possible. We post projects and giveaways on the First Monday of each month. Look for this logo on your favorite craft blogs then hop around for inspiration. You'll be glad you did!


If you look to the right you will see my
Designer Craft Connection Logo with an option to go forward or back and check out many of the designers.

Our theme this November month is 
Thank You Gifts
Let me share a few steps to create my gift project today.
 I found this adorable black kitty on-line from Graphics Fairy and sized it to fit inside of the Tim Holtz Timepiece. I really like that there is a pattern on the packaging to cut a circle shape to put inside the watch.



 I showed how I cut the piece and sized it down to fit snugly.I like to use my 450 Helmar glue,I used a brush to spread it all over the paper back.
 Next I used my Helmar Craft Glue to apply some mica flake type glitter only on the edges.Now you see why I wanted to make sure my edges were down well.
 I found this pretty daisy like trim I thought would be cute on my design...just applied around the outside of the face with my 450. Next I used an empty mini candy box for my packagaing.
Let me say I have a few of these left from my Halloween gifts I made for my co-workers and a few friends.
 I used one of my favorite lines of paper  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found. I never measure and just roughly cut the pieces and attached.

 Can't have a container without some type of inking or distressing  and ribbon and trim once again.
 Just a small piece of white felt to cushion the inside.
 I added green glitter for the eyes before attaching the inside back together. I distressed the key with distress paint from Tim Holtz and also the key and lock piece are from the line from Tim.
 One last view of the finish container all decorated and ready to give to a special person.

Thanks for popping in and checking out my Thank You Gift,I hope you take the time to leave a comment would love to hear what you think.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the blog Hop stops you will love all the inspiration.

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn! You have outdone yourself. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the flowers and loving the little cat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Your step outs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Amazing, love the kitty and the green box is stunning!! Excellent job sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is stunning. i thought that looked like a cat!!!

    hope u are well. jade's spending the night - so is son & amber. house full. oy vey. i hear the streets calling - LOL.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, gonna start saving Russel stover boxes.lol
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! So pretty! and the tutorial is wonderful too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Dawn this is Awesome , you have created a box of beauty here, that gift as well as the box is out of this world, ACE project.
    Dawn I wanted to thank you so much for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog it really meant so much to me.
    Hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH this is amazing! I think this at the top of my favorite Dawn creations. Love it. TFS Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning gift box Dawn!! Such elegant details!! TFS the tutorial!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome and creative craft ideas Dawnie, hope you've been keeping well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and elegant Dawn! Love the sweet blossom and beauitul fabric blossom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings