Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cutting New Mounted Stamps


I wanted to share how I used some of the tools to do things other then projects.
I used the hot knife to cut  unmounted rubber stamps.
These are the two hot tools from Purple Cows
I recently went through some of my stamps that needed to be mounted and cut, so it was the perfect opportunity to try my hot knife
I will say it went through the rubber like butter

I was able to stamp and use as soon as I was done.
supply list:
Melt Dual Temperature Craft Iron with 6 Tips #5050
Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips #5000
Sheena Douglas Crafters Companion A Little Bit Sketchy
Memento tuxedo black ink

post signature

4 comments:

  1. That's great!! I have never been able to master that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, but would like to see a video of the actual cutting of the mounted stamps. I struggle doing it with scissors. Thanks. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, That is a great idea, I love purple cow, I am going to have to try that. That gets much closer than the scissors. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great tool. Looks like fun and a little dangerous. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings