Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Friday, March 15, 2013

You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby


Well Hello There!  ready to share a baby girl idea you can use as a gift or decor in your own home.
I am so thrilled to be here today sharing a quick project I put together using some standard Smoothfoam shapes.

Would you like to see a few steps to put together one of these pieces?

Using a standard 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 shape made this and easy and fast craft project to complete
I had these fat square pieces and was so thrilled to have them all ready cut and ready to use.


Using alphabet circle pieces I spelled out BABY PINS and used small pins to hold them to the cube.
I happened to have some baby toy pieces to decorate the cubes and think they really added to the design

Using my favorite tape runner I applied the flannel squares to each side of each cube.

 
I even used the scrap squares to cover the top of the largest cube and then placed the smaller cube on top.

How fun to add a very tiny pink ric rac along the seams with a liquid fabric glue to make the seams look clean.
Using alphabet circle pieces I spelled out BABY PINS and used small pins to hold them to the cube.
I happened to have some baby toy pieces to decorate the cubes and think they really added to the design.
Thank you so much for checking out my project today...remember to pop over to Smooth foam and check out my talented fellow team mates projects.

Want a chance to WIN $100 worth of Smoothfoam sheets and shapes? Just leave on comment on this post  and go  back to leave a comment on every post in March to enter! That’s up to 31 chances to win…good luck!


So sorry for the wonky post today, I was having some issues getting pictures in, and to stay.

Hope your all doing well and appreciate you stopping in to visit.

9 comments:

  1. :( None of the images are there for me ... I have refreshed a few times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet lady! I can't see any photos :( I'm sure they are wonderful! I'll check back later! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my sweet Dawn!!! Well, I truly glad I CAN see these adorable baby girl blocks. They look amazing -- like something you'd buy in a store -- and, yes, what a perfect pin holder for some little princesses diaper works... lol!!! This is just sooooo very precious!

    Dawn, you do amazing projects, my friend, so beautiful!

    Sending some love your way...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are an absolute wizard with those blocks! What a beautiful project! Wish I lived close enough that we could craft together! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dawnie, my dear! Hope you are keeping well!!!

    I love these blocks, so fun and using unexoected things! I thought wood maybe chipboard? But foam! Love it! and I thought papers too, but nope fabric! You're just too creative my dear!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can see u r just loving this foam stuff! this is absolutely DARLING!

    i sure do miss u. i'm so sick of hibernating and i'm sure i'll find something to complain about for spring. probably the birds making too much noise.

    i need to pain inside my house but really don't want to do it myself. have you see the price of paint lately? sheesh. otherwise all else is good, other than...

    i really miss you.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I love this.....adorable.....We (my oldest niece) have a baby on the way and I will most certainly refer back to this for shower decorations! Fabulous little idea......You are so creative! :)
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable Dawn! Love how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet project Dawn! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings