Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year- Let Me Light The Way

So thrilled to be working with the new PK Glitz  Vintage Hues Art Acetates . You can pop over to the PK Glitz store and check out all the supplies I used in my project.

Let me share my Lantern using just one of these NEW acetates.  

$4.95
New Year 1

I have a few pictures to share  of my steps along the way.Please stop over at PK Glitz Blog and see my steps and many links to several wonderful classes and great tutorials.
 Here is some of my supplies when I started my lantern project.Started by choosing one of the acetates I wanted to use and cut that one from the sheet of four.
 I LOVE, LOVE using this Crystal Clear with sticky papers as a mat and especially behind these acetates.
There are some wonderful classes with video of Janelle sharing some wonderful techniques RIGHT HERE
 Can you believe how spectacular the colors are on these acetates? I even had to show you with a paper behind

 Here are a few views  of some of my favorite glitter glitz gold.
 I chose to cut four of the die cut shapes,altered them and added them to a sheet of sticky paper. This is when I added the spectacular Crystal Clear  all over.
I chose to use a band in the corners  to hold my lantern together.

 Using strips down each side to assemble.
 Once my piece was assembled I added a few flowers to decorate the corners
A side view so you can see the corners and arches.
I had to share a view of my lantern lit from the inside-isn't it beautiful?
PLEASE DON"T USE A LIT CANDLE INSIDE PAPER LANTERN-BATTERY OPERATED IS BEST
So glad I got to share my Vintage Hues Art Acetates  
lantern with you today.
You can pop over to the PK Glitz store and check out all the supplies I used in my project.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love love the colors, the flowers and loveeeeeeeeeee how you have it all lit up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Dawn! What a pretty project! Thanks for sharing, my friend, and Happy New Year to you, too. Miss you! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year sweetie!... I hope it is a most beautiful one for you... miss you!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone STUNNING!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Wow this is incredible! I love this. Very very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous Dawn!! So elegant!! What a lot of work...but it looks well worth it!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous lantern Dawnie, you did an amazing job! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings