Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Darkroom Door Projects & Helmar Products = Fun Designs

This week Helmar and  Darkroom Door have partnered  for a 'Challenge Week' where artists use Helmar adhesives, Darkroom Door stamps and paper products to create projects to inspire you!
I made this simple project first and was so pleased with how it turned out.
Next I had to make another design using the stamp set I received,I even used the stamp just as it came instead of cutting it apart! I loved how it turned out.
Let me share a few steps along the way.
I used the following  Helmar and DarkRoom Door products

Wings - Rubber Stamps (Cling Foam Included)             
Wings - Rubber Stamps      Kimono Vol 2 - Filmstrips   Kimono - Wordstrips - NEW

Craft Glue 1.7 fl.oz.                      450 Quick Dry Adhesive 1.7 fl.oz.
 Craft Glue 1.7 fl.oz.     450 Quick Dry Adhesive 1.7 fl.oz.

Quickfix Adhesive Runner
    Zapdots Clear Round 1/4"
Decoupage & Craft Paste 8.45 fl.oz. Decoupage & Craft Paste 8.45 fl.oz.
This was how the filmstrips came and how I cut them apart and matted each section with white card stock.
I surely could have used my tape runner but decided I really wanted the strength of Helmar Craft Glue-It is one of my very favorite wet glues.

See I knew I was going to use my crop-O-dile and add eyelets so I wanted a very strong adhesive for the entire matted images.
 I used the phrases and some dogwood flowers and attached these with zapdots and 450 to adhere.
The  last Helmar product I used was the Gemstone glue...perfect for holding the pearls attached

For my second project I used the stamp set just as it was...One set was stamped on my background and a second image in Red, and a third image in Brown. I chose to cut out a few images from the extra color and applied the decoupage paste  and sprinkled with a glitter.

Here are my images drying- it dried much faster then any other glitter glue I have used before.
I enjoyed the combination of both Helmar and Dark Room Door products.


Don’t forget to HOP over to Helmar Facebook Page and the Darkroom Door Facebook Page and then leave your comments on the Helmar Blog …..AND….the Darkroom Door blog. Leave your comments by  Saturday 22nd December 2012,and make sure you come back to see if you won!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I just saw these over on Helmar and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them! LOVING those film strips and love love love the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Dawn thess are stunning!! I will have to try these, and the recipes are awesome.I love the butterflies, but the film card is wonderful... great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings