Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Friday, September 14, 2012

Won't You Join Us This Week at Cheery Lynn Designs?



                                         This week our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is
            Borders/ Edgers

 Here are the rules:
  • You MUST follow the theme and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die, of course, we would love to see more than one. 
  • You MUST add a link to your blog post in the InLinkz at the end of that post; no back posting, only new projects are allowed
  • You MUST link to our blog in your post
  • You may only enter the challenge ONCE per week.
The winner will be chosen based on merit by Cheery Lynn Designs. They will receive a $20 coupon for shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Sunday night at 22:00 Eastern time.

I made a banner to use for Halloween...I love banners and who wouldn't want to have this fun one hanging to celebrate.
I started by printing and cutting out my banner pieces from Retro Cafe-this is two different pieces I purchased on-line.I cut double pieces so I could make a two sided project.I LOVE using my favorite Wescott scissors- the handle is so comfortable, makes my cutting so comfortable.
 I enjoy cutting many dies all at once in my new machine ~ I ordered at CHA and received soon after. I haven't spent much time playing since I have been working,
When I cut the corner flourish I decided to cut extra ones with a different pattern...I cut out the pumpkin section and matted on the other pieces.
 I wanted to share a closer look of the pieces, I used the spider web corner pieces to accent almost each piece I took the two similar pieces and sandwiched them between black card stock.
 You can also see the three bat sizes I placed on the banner.
I used Stickles to accent a few area. I used a couple of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbons to attach and accent with-These are available this month in the September ribbon of the month .
If you would like more details just let me know.
Hope you like my project this week for our challenge.
DAWN


6 comments:

  1. omg! another beauty! i'll bet your house will be the best decorated for the holidays.

    it's good to see i wasn't desserted. i was starting to feel really down - can u believe that. i thought i was becoming too much of a whiner. sheesh. i'm nuts. i need a hobby!

    have a great weekend!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is AWESOME!! I love love love the banner pieces mixed with the post card piece!!! That is genius!! And LOVING the pumpkin too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Dawn!... your banner is just too cute!... you know how much I LOVE Halloween, that would be so fun to make (if I knew how)... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these are wonderful, I love how you did the outlines, awesome!! Love the banners, and I know where the ribbon come from, hehe, I love the monthly ribbon packs, they are great. Excellent job sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This banner is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! What kind of die cut machine is that???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings