Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Purple Cows Laminated File Project Today


 Welcome to a quick altered project today using one of my favorite Purple Cows products.
13" Hot and Cold Laminator 3027
You are not even going to believe how this project started, but I am so pleased with how it turned out.
My file folder holder is for those smaller notes and  pieces of paper that get lost on my desk.
Let me share how this project started  with a couple items that were going to be tossed.
 This is a good example of how items can be altered and used with a little creative thinking.
I was thrilled to be able to laminate these wonderful papers so they don't get ruined with things on my table. I tend to paint  and use many types of products that can stain.
I also thought it would be great to use a mark it marker on these laminate sheets and wipe off when I need to change.
Let me share a few steps
(1) I traced the tab card on a patterned paper from Webster's Pages-placed it inside a laminate pouch

(2) I turned my Purple Cows 13" Hot and Cold Laminator #3027on the hot setting and let it warm.
Once warm I ran the tabbed card through the machine. It was easy to trim around the edge the extra laminate.

(3)Moo Glue Transfer Adhesive 500 Pack #7700 is something that came in handy to construct my project. I cut these sheets in half and used one on each side of the layer.

 (4) I added some Pin It Pin Sets-Spring #7005, and I also used  Pin It Pin Sets-Summer #7003
on the edges to decorate
 (5) Decorate with your favorite supplies ie: flowers,leaves,embellishments to finish off the project.

Hope you try this type of project with some of your cast offs...a laminator can come in handy for so many projects in your craft room, home office,kids school projects.You will love this machine.

 Supply List

Pin It Pin Sets-Spring #7005, 

Pin It Pin Sets-Summer #7003

 Moo Glue Transfer Adhesive 500 Pack #7700

 Purple Cows 13" Hot and Cold Laminator #3027

Webster's Pages paper

assorted designer papers from scrap basket

Pearl stamens-Hobby Lobby

Heartfelt Creations floral die cut and leaves

Scrap Happy Glue The Rubber Cafe

 


post signature

6 comments:

  1. beeeee utiful and i'd be afraid to use it - LOL.

    actually have the house opened up today - yay!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how this turned out!!!! GORGEOUS!! Loving the houndstooth and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA! Love how you made this file folder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This file is FABULOUSO!!!! I mean HOW GORGEOUS is this and the houndstooth ROCKS!!!!! sending hugs my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!This is stunning!!! beautiful project. You are over the top my friend!!! HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the prettiest file folder I've every seen! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings