Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Stamps Patriotic Summer Theme

This week the challenge at Sweet Stamps is : 
Patriotic Summer
Each week we choose a winner from the challenge to win a $20 Shopping Spree at Sweet Stamps towards your purchase of rubber stamps. You can use any stamp for your card but if you use a Sweet stamp you receive two entries in the challenge.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, those using Sweet Stamps images will get an extra drawing in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including ours)  You must link back to us in your blog post.
I used the following supplies:



I started with this set
 Holiday Sweets Set S006P
I know it is a Christmas set but it really worked for me to design a background.

Then I could stamp my carousel horse and also my floral frame. Then all I had to do was cut out the images and attach to a base card.
 After fussy cutting I pop dotted and added to an embossed star background I triple matted.
I had some great ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon that is part of the this months ribbon of the month.
Didn't the background work great for this stamped and fussy cut horse design?
I had such a great time finally getting to play this week, convalescing at home has been a hard time for me. Glad I could get down to my craft cave for a short time and make this project.
So won't you play along with us this week? 


post signature

21 comments:

  1. How smart you are!! Love the background that you created!! Very clever!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Hun these are amazing gosh they are so effective, love the flowers on the first one,brilliant.
    The second one with the embossing and those wonderful horses are just fantastic Hun 2 amazing,and creative,cards,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, I love the red white and blue stripes, very creative, and adore the carousel horses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee those carousel horses!!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun & festive. Love the carousel horses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Dawn these are brilliant designs girly!!!! LOVE those horses!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely love it! so? how's that foot? my heel has started acting up and i've no clue. all i know is i can't get my foot comfortable, nor stand on it for any length of time. no food pantry today - boo hoo.

    all else is good.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn- glad to see you are able to create- hope the healing is 'on schedule'! Love your great background and the images stamped and fussy cut from it- a great idea! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn what a fabulous idea for this challenge!! That is really thinking outside the box!! Love both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab collection of patriotic cards Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Both cards look great.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is awesome work!!!!! Love what you did with the design!!!!! Fabulous work my friend!!!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW and AWESOME!! What a unique idea for the Sweet Holiday Wishes set. Really love how the Wild Rose Oval looks. Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so glad to hear you got to the craft cave. These are wonderful creations. Lots of fussy cutting.
    I sure hope you are feeling better. Making a busy lady like you sit still in not a nice thing to do.
    Thanks for working through you pain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawny, these cards are WONDERFUL!!!
    The red, white, and blue theme is awesome!!! I love carousel horses. Superjob!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these are fabulous dawn I really love the flowers and horses, wonderful cards
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Dawn!!! Two fabulous Patriotic cards, What a fabulous idea with using Christmas stamps for your creating your background papers!! Love both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OM-GOSH!! How awesome is this. Love the way they look like they are floating off the front of the card. What an awesome job you did on these.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Having fun browsing your blog this morning! Thanks for you wonderful comment on my post this morning on the Great Impressions blog. Followed you over here to have a Saturday morning browse in my jammies...See, I wasn't kidding LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both your cards are beautiful and very festive for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings