Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Purple Cows Layout

Well hello there, and how are you doing this fine day?
I have a quick project to share today, using some of my newest treasures from Purple Cows.We also partnered this month with The Robin's Nest, they were so kind to send us some goodies to play with.

Let me share with you that I used my newest favorite tool  2 in 1 Combo Trimmer #1040. 
 
Any craft person knows you can't work with out having great tools! This trimmer sits on my counter waiting for every cut I need to make...I just love using it.
I started with two pieces of designer paper from The Robin's Nest. I chose to cut the first piece of designer paper down to a 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 size and mat it with the sparkle 12 x 12 piece .
I pulled out my Punch It-Autumn #7200
and used a design from the same line - this one has soft mini flowers.  

This is what a close up looks like of the punch design, I went to work making a few squares to use as a medallion and also punched a few triangles to use as frames.


Here is a close up of the medallions and triangles, when you use the Punch It it is so easy to make a pattern.

You don't even need to waste any paper: just start with one edge of your paper and make the first punch, then line that punched shape on the printed design. There are so many options available to make different borders or shapes.When you have made your shape or border you can use your trimmer to cut off then so you don't wastes any paper. I even used the 1/2 inch pieces and flipped them over and used them as borders on my layout. I know when I have a perfect cut I can use it and not worry about it being wonky.

This was one of the quickest layouts, and so easy to do.I just decided to use a pop of color with the green ribbon from my stash.The title was done with the alphabet I was given and just matted each letter on a mini piece of black card stock.Do you see all those fun dew drops? I added them at all the peaks and it added a nice touch to the dimension and color.


 Happy to have a cheerful and fun layout layered with great shapes that add dimension and visual appeal.The pictures are of two layouts I did in the past of my friends special birthday party.

Are you happy with your Scrapbook trimmer? Check out the wonderful trimmers Purple Cows has available  you will be pleased with them and there are so many blades available to make various cuts. 

Thank you to The Robin's Nest for sharing the goodies with us.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous LO Dawn I do love those papers and the triangles the colours and design of the LO look ACE.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout! You have, as always, so much interests to your pages!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings