Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gifts For A Mom

Today I have a project to share on the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog
 If you go to the Cheery Lynn Designs blog  you will be able to see my second project for a MOM, would love if you would stop in and leave me some love.I am filling in today for the talented Jeannie
This week our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge  is  

For Mom
Here are the rules:
  • You MUST follow the theme and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die, of course, we would love to see more than one. 
  • You MUST add a link to your blog post in the InLinkz at CHEERY LYNN Designs Challenge ; no back posting, only new projects are allowed
  • You MUST link to Cheery Lynn's Challenge blog in your post
The winner will be chosen based on merit by Cheery Lynn Designs. They will receive a $20 coupon for shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Sunday night at 22:00 Eastern time.

Each week when our challenge comes up I stop and think about how to proceed with the theme. less then a  year ago I lost my mother and always find myself still wanting to make gifts for her. This is an album cover I have designed and it could be used to put pictures in to remember my mother. (That is the stock photo in the window)
It is a very simple design but made me so very happy when it was done.
I used the following dies:
 Leaf

 I started with this plain black album that i didn't know what to do with, I added some Prima paper and cut out the picture window. a great blank pallet to start with. Used some of my favorite Tim Holtz ink to do the edges and finish off here and there. I used old photo I believe, the very lightest shade.
 I used my favorite flourish and most used die.I like to make many of these when i am cutting and always have them waiting to accent many projects. Can you tell that I shared some of the leaves? Love having dimension with my dies. I made a few different sized roses, some have many layers, some have just a few.
 
I loved how this lace border fit to use around the window and those doilies.
I cut two of the doilies then decided to use only halves-so now I have an extra one for a quick project.One last piece for the corners using the lace corners- just tucked in two corners.
I know this is a quick project but I couldn't be happier with the dies- they all look so elegant and perfect for the cover.

 I am entering the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks- No stamping
Dutch Dare Card Challenge- For Mom or Special Lady
Paper Crafting Journey- Vintage
SJ Crafts Monthly Challenge- Favorites (die cuts for me)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge- Anything Goes
Scrapalicious USA- Flower Power
Truly Scrumptious- distressing-die cuts punches



I have a special treat today!
I have a second project to share !!!
If you go to the Cheery Lynn Designs blog  you will be able to see my second project for a MOM. I would love if you would stop in and leave me some love.I am filling in today for the talented Jeannie and I hope I didn't disappoint anyone.
 Here is a little sneak peek!

 Hope to see you join us this week, share with us a Mom project, can't wait to see what you create.

post signature

18 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Great job, as always.

    I'm sorry about the loss of your Mom. I know how you feel...almost 7 years for me and I still miss her everyday.

    Keep making your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee what you did with that album!! LOVING the flowers and the doilies!! Now off to see your other project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous for moms. I really love the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful album cover! I'm so impressed with your altering of it!!! Now, I simply MUST go go Cheery Lynn and check out those fabulous flowers! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Hun this is one really beautiful album,cover so impressed with your altering Hun,just love those fab flowers Hun,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, this is GORGEOUS! What a wonderful mom's day gift idea!!!

    Hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! Really very lovely! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!
    Hugs!
    Heather P (Guest DT)
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project Dawn! What a great keepsake! Congrats on your feature on the Cherry Lynn blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn these are both beautiful, fantastic designs and use of the die cuts, I have just become a follower of the Cheery Lynn Designs blog the tutorials are amazing, I am saving up hard so I can buy some of their die cuts they are awesome.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. sheesh! more beauties! you'd think i'd learn something by now!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super pretty! love the flourishes and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous album cover! Thanks for joining us for our "No Stamping Zone" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your album cover is just stunning. What a great idea to decorate them. Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a fantastic take on this hun, i love the cover its amazing
    Thanks for joining us at Papercrafting Journey
    Hugz
    Kenzie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn,

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum.

    What a beautiful project. Love the distressed look and the paper. Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful project! Hope you had fun joining in with the S J Crafts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a gorgeous project. I love the design and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great!!! Love how you've used the dies!! Thanks for joining in with the S J Crafts challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings