Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Please Welcome Natasha as My Guest Blogger Today


Welcome, Today I am so excited to bring you my THIRD  I Admire You- Guest Blogger 
Natasha is one extremely talented person I was so thrilled to find out in this big world of bloggers.
I am sure you remember me linking to many of her flower tutorials.
One of the  reasons I admire Natasha, is because she is so generous. Not many people that are as talented as her are willing to share their experience ,tips, and hints to attempt techniques like hers.
You will be blown away with the details in her project today.




Hi everyone!  My name is Natasha and I am so honored and excited to be Dawn's guest today.  Thank you so much, Dawn, for this opportunity.  :o)


This layout was inspired by the Prima October BAP Sketch.  It is filled with Prima goodies... papers from different collections, flowers, masks etc.  The photo is of my daughter a few years back on her first day of Pre-K.  She looked like such a little diva in her denim skirt and matching hat.  She LOVES to dress up and is a major girly-girl.  But her personality is far from that of a diva's.  That is why I named the layout, "Exquisite Diva... With a Heart of Gold".  She is the sweetest little thing.  :o)
 The beautiful bracket that surrounds my layout is a chipboard element created by The Dusty Attic (Bracket Frame Set DA0326).  I painted and inked the bracket and adhered a piece of Prima paper to the back of it.
 Sigh... don't you just love flowers?  LOL.  I am definitely a 'dimensional scrapper'.  I love to add layers and layers of gorgeous product on my layouts.
 This Baroque Frame (DA0542) is also a chipboard element.  I adhered decorative pearls to the flourishes for added interest.  The frame itself was inked with pigment ink and randomly embossed with opaque white embossing powder creating a lovely texture.
 To create this stitched flourish, I used a Prima stencil and masked it using pigment ink.  I then covered the masked area with clear embossing powder.  To add texture, I poked holes along the design and hand-stitched the flourishes with embroidery floss.
 This is the top of the Baroque Frame.  I think the pearls add such elegance to this beautiful chippie.
 If you haven't already noticed, I have a slight obsession with eyelets.  LOL.  So of course I had to add a decorative corner to my bracket using eyelets.
 The chipboard portion of the title was painted white and covered with Donna Salazar's Fairy Dust Glitter.  The word 'Diva' is made up of Thickers foam alphabet stickers.
 I created this tag out of patterned paper.  I used an embossing folder to add texture, and I stitched a border around the tag.  





Thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my layout.  Have a beautiful day and enjoy the rest of your week!

Hugs,
Natasha
http://www.moments-of-tranquility.com



Isn't she amazing??? Are you as in awe of her work as I am?
Please stop over at Moments of Tranquility- and check out more of her beautiful creations, I am sure she would love to have you visit.

Thank you so much Natasha for being my guest today-It really was a pleasure and you are a true treasure.


post signature

7 comments:

  1. What an incredible creation! I love every single thing about it! Stunning - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is simply gorgeous!!! The layers, the depth, the colors.....WOW! And Dawn, you seriously have some talented friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for allowing me to be your guest! Mwah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Natasha!!! Your layout is just stunning; it truly is an exquisite diva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that's an incredible page, with so much attention to detail. No way to take it all in with one look!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Wow this is amazing I love all the stitching and attention to detail. Amazing. I will check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning,,,,love all details here,,,,and all over the vintage effect and depth,,,,very well done, thanks for all your comments Dawn,,,,, wowww, you are rock,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings