Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Monday, November 28, 2011

Audrey Inspired Me

Yes, Audrey inspired me, do you know Audrey from Cute and Some Blog ?
Well you need to check out her beautiful creations, she shared a bible cover box she made and I knew I needed to copy, case ,I mean use the idea!

 How about this cutie? I got this image from NiceCrane Designs- it is from Bessie Gutman Adorable Kids
Check out the post Ignacio posted sharing my project.
I started with a Paper Mache box-these can be purchased at many craft store




I used Creative Inspirations paint in two shades of green; green olive and sage worked great together.Gold was sponges around the edges.

After printing the image and tearing all around the edges,I chose to use distress inks to age it all.

The leaves are a die from Sweet Stamps/Cheery Lynn. The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon



Wanted to share an inside view. I painted and then inserted this handheld size Bible from the $ dollar store.


5 comments:

  1. how ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!! thank you for sharing -- this is just wonderful!!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! this is gorgeous. i'm making my pastor a journal for xmas and that box would be gorgeous. hmmmm.. thanks for the idea.

    glad u used my sleep hrs because they certainly did me NO good - LOL.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thats gorgeous Dawnie, beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious!! Love it and it so original. Makes a great gift for a newborn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! This is beautiful and that sweet image is so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings