Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Monday, October 31, 2011

Welcome My First I Admire You Guest Blogger


Today starts an exciting adventure for me-I will be asking several bloggers to be my guest on my blog.

There are so many wonderful, talented, and truly amazing people I have met through blogging.
For the next couple months I will do my best to share as many of these spectacular guests with you.
I will be sending out invitations and begging, pleading, whatever it takes to get some of these wonderful people to share something they are passionate about, or maybe a talent they have...you never know what you will see.

So today I am sharing my good friend Penny- Do you know Penny from  I could Be Fake? Maybe you remember her from Penny's Challenge or her digital image store? She also has a Blog Design Business.Penny has started making some really beautiful hand sewn items like PURSES, yes I so admire her ability to do anything.

Penny is one of my favorite people and really has become more of a daughter or maybe a mature sister!
Penny was one of my very first followers way back two and a half years ago.
Penny is a phenomenal writer , amazing mother, and Army Wife,computer genius.These are just a few of the reasons I admire and truly LOVE her
This was a no brainer that she would be my very first guest  for my Special  I admire You Guest Blogger.


Here is what Penny is sharing today

Originally, I was going to post this to my own blog, but when Dawn said she wanted guest posters, and that it didn't have to be a crafty post, I decided to write it here.

Most of you don't know me, but I am a huge fan of John Lennon. I loved his view of the world and the things he believed in. I am also a Wiccan and while I don't actively practice witchcraft, I am a firm believer in protecting our environment. Recently I started watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix and had to Google and learn more about the actor that plays Damon.

Bestill my heart, I think I am in love. Ian Somerhalder (who you may not know from TVD but might recognize him as Boone from LOST) is not only the second sexiest man alive (my husband being the first, of course) but he has created a foundation called the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, which "aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures."

A man after my own heart!

Not only is he all about protecting the planet and the creatures on it, but he aims to teach children at a young age how to do the same. Can you believe that!? Forget John Lennon (not really, I still agree we should "give peace a chance")!

I plan to support the Ian Somerhalder Foundation in any way that I can, which might not be much, but at least it's something, and you can too!

Where to begin? For starters you can listen to the smokin' hot Ian Somerhalder tell you in his own words:


You can sign the petition here, I did.

Here's another, but don't get any ideas ladies... I call dibs if things ever don't work out with my husband.




Oh... I am on your team Ian, I am definitely on your team...

Follow ISF on Twitter, and while you're at it follow Ian... and follow me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn! That was so sweet!!! I had no idea the mission behind your guest posts.... thank you for admiring me! You should know by now that I admire you as well, look up to you and care for you. I hope that someday we can meet in person, not that I don't enjoy our phone conversations and emails, but meeting in person would be the best!!

    xoxo, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow penny! what a great post! wasn't ian in a soap opera too? he is a hotty!

    congrats on being dawn's first SPECIAL person. i knew you were creative but now i see your way more creative than i thought and i'm off to check out your other sites as i follow your challenge.

    dawn.... you are the SUPER person, really!

    ran out of candy? i didn't even buy any this yr. not turning my light on at all. no little sh**s knocking on my door. ooooooooo i do sound like a wicked witch! or is that B***h?

    happy halloween SUNSHINE!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if he was in a soap or not. My point was the foundation. His hotness is just a plus! A super plus plus! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tar sands oil sounds like a really nasty business to me! No problem in signing the petitition!

    Hi, Penny!!! Welcome to Dawn's as a guest designer. You may not remember me but I never forget a friend who has helped me out of a situation and I'm forever grateful to you!!! And to my sweet Dawn for referring me to you!!!

    Great post, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings