Join me at Dawn's Craft Place

Google+ Followers


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Friday, May 27, 2011

Easy Distress Ink Project

Craft Stamper had this great project awhile back and i knew one day I would get to try it out.
This was a quick card with a great effect.
 I used a Spellbinder shape to cut a scalloped rectangle from the middle of a card base front.Next I used this as a pattern to do my project on another card base.
Tim Holtz inks used are: Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, and Barn red.
I used a cut and dry foam piece to blend the colors in each section.

The stamp set used is from CTMH- I love this dandelion set and this worked perfect for a simple CAS look.
I put a tiny design in the inside from the same set.
So what do you think? Have you tried this technique before? Would love to see your project- leave me a link.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. great inking! really love those stripes and the stmap you used!

    I would worry about my ink bleeding through the frame, but its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great colors and I love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this effect!!! Marvelous job ............:)))
    lotsa luv ...me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that card. What a great stamp!
    I have used this technique before, but I don't think I have a post with the card on it. I used a circle and inked it up to be a sun. Glad you reminded me of this technique, should use it again. Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings