Join me at Dawn's Craft Place

Google+ Followers


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Have Some Layouts -Several Challenges today

Oh my goodness I am so thrilled I was able to spend some time just playing with my supplies.
This weekend I finished  so many layouts.
Actually some fit challenges and I used sketches, oh it was pure joy to relax and spend some time with myself  and put together some layouts.

Page Maps Blog had a great sketch up this week and it worked great for some pictures I wanted to use.
These pictures from my daughters visit with her friend when she was home the last time.Those two are just so lovely and this paper-That's Amore- from Close to my Heart fit the pictures. I used some of the matching Stickease  for embellishments and then added the journaling shapes.
The ribbon I used is from Martha Stewart, she has such beautiful colors. (I added some to my giveaway above).
I actually have my sewing machine set up all the time so I can add stitches to any layout...wasn't sure if I liked the dark but it is ok.
This layout qualifies fro Scrap and Stamp Saturday challenge this week on using BUTTONS .
Crafty Creations- Happy Or Sweet
Lasting memories -Buttons and Bows



My second layout today is for Sassy Lil Sketches using there Sketch And Dirty Scraps - using IMPACT.
Dirty Scraps has a challenge up today using the prompt 
IMPACT!!!
I think of a car wreck when I hear the word IMPACT, but it can mean so many different things. An abusive parent can IMPACT your life in detrimental ways.
A wonderful teacher can IMPACT your life in amazing ways, a loving mother can IMPACT your life forever. You can be scarred or shaped with it. Scrap a page with the word IMPACT in it, make it strong, make it you!
I love to work with Pinky's prompt - sometimes it can be very therapeutic.This is something that has been wearing on my mind so I liked to put it down on paper. IT IS NOT ADDED TO INSULT ANYONE-just how I feel.

I finally got to use some of my Close To My Heart -Grace paper packet.Seemed to fit with the mood of this layout. I hate using my pictures but it is a layout that will fit into my personal album just for me.
I used flowers, ribbon, antique lace all from my sewing supplies. The green ribbon is also from Martha Stewart.
I used Close to My Heart Irresistibles for the lettering...these are great because I could ink them with Twilight color to match the paper.The circle bling is also from CTMH. I used Stampology leaf stamp from Autumn Leaves for underneath the letters.
This layout qualifies for;
Create For Fun challenge- Flowers 
Wild Orchid Challenge- say it with flowers



Thanks for stopping in today, hope you are having a great weekend and don't forget to enter my giveaway listed above.

20 comments:

  1. Dawn, of course, the layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn... you ladies are all just beautiful, and so are your layouts! Happy Sunday to you... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero! I should be scrapping, but just never do! Great pages, dear friend. Glad you got some 'me' time to create. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn
    Beautiful Layouts! I got in to paper crafting last year because I wanted to do scrapbooking and you know, I don't do any, I keep making cards instead! I really must start scrapbooks for each of my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Pages Dawn! Your realling cranking them out, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am so happy to see you creating all day!!!! I love to see the outcome of your play time!!! Just like with these two incredible layouts. Love the white base page on the first one, the stitching and details are just incredible! The second is fabulous too. I am glad to see you scrapping more of yourself!!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love seeing the pictures you use on your layouts. You are one talented lady who loves her family and I admire that.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you had some time today to scrap! Your work is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED your layout for DirtyScraps, just gorgeous...thanks for playin' along with us at DirtyScraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dawn! So happy to have you join us and your layouts are all so good! Love how you added your journal tag over the bow. Everything just flows so nicely. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO ... Thanks for getting dirty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome work! Thanks for playing the Dirty Challenge with us. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh 2 fabulous layouts...i particularly love the first...it's the pretty pink paper you see! it's so girly and feminine and just so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages! I really adore the first one :) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the LO you created for Dirty Scraps! Sometimes it's good to get those feelings out!!!! Glad youplayed along :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The two girls are simply just beautiful and your lovely setting fit them to a tee.

    Your revelation is awesome.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layouts! Thank you for joining us at Scrap and Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layout love all the intricate details, fabulous ribbon. Thanks for playing along at Scrap & Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you'll join us again this week at Lasting Memories Layout Challenge! This week the challenge is to do something "Out of the Box"... something NEW to you!
    OUR CHALLENGES ARE NOW WEEKLY!!!Check it out...
    kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings