Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Making An Album, Day One (lots of pics)

So I had to share with you another album I have been working one.
Do you remember the last album I made from Kathy at Paper Phenomenon ?
Well here is another one of her kits I have been playing with...I have been having so much fun trying things I have never done before, or else trying things in a new way. It is great to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.
I have decided to share the process so I took pictures all along the way and will break them up between a few days.
So let me share a few pictures with you.
I started with the chipboard and a 6 x 24 sheet of paper
I hot glued the pieces down to make the cover leaving a space between the spines.
Next I put down red line tape all around the edges.
I pulled all the seals off the tape and folded all the edges over and started creasing at the spines. I did use my bone folder to give a crisper fold.
I covered the inside and outside with patterned paper. I love this glitter paper I added 
to the paper I received from Kathy.
This is what the album looks like at this point.
Come back tomorrow to see the next step, I will be putting the inside together to place inside.
Let me know if you have any questions.
 Thanks for stopping!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway above, only a few more day till I pick a winner.

10 comments:

  1. This is looking great so far. I love making albums. I've only made them with two covers and a spine though, this is interesting to see with that flap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good so far!!! Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow! Great job, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great,w ell done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, that is so very pretty... I will be back for step two! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I LOVE it! I love that you are sharing photos of the process! This paper is yummy. I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Blessings,
    kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh...so far so good...will be back tomorrow to see the inside!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how awesome is this and you for giving such detailed pictures! Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings