Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Making an Album Day 4 an Inside Book

Well I am sure glad you stopped in again today. I sure hope me sharing these steps give you some help in making your own album, or at least some ideas to try yourself.
Today I am adding a little booklet to the right side of the album. This picture is a view of all the pieces added together.You will need five (5) pieces of paper. The measurements for each piece is below:
  • 5 x 4
  • 5 x 4 1/2
  • 5 x 4 1/4
  • 5 x 4
  • 5 x 3 3/4
score each piece on the long side at 1/2 inch. Next round the edges on only one side. (see picture)
You are going to start with the 5 x 4 piece as your base. Each piece starting with the 5 x 4 1/2 will be
laid on top- lining up the left side that hasn't been rounded . The last piece 5 x 3 3/4 will have the crease wrapped around the whole stack and attached to the back  so the seams won't show for the rest.
I added patterned paper to both the front and back of each page. I tried to leave a little sliver uncovered toward the inside so the book would close easier. Not sure it helped much.
I attached the whole book to my album.
Here is a view of the album so far, what do you think? Remember I wasn't the person that came up with this wonderful album. I purchased a kit from Kathy at Paper Phenomenon, stop over and check out all the measurements and u-stream videos. You can also go back on my blog and catch up the past three  posts I posted directions from day one.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for visiting  I hope you come back again soon. I will be posting the final album decorated really soon.

7 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is really becoming a big project, how cool!!!

    It looks awesome

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now why should i make an album when i can get one from you????? this is gorgeous!!! but sure do appreciate the info!

    really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! This is looking wonderful! Great job, someone would be crazy not to want one! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is just gorgeous! I love all the additions and "layers"
    It will be simply divine when finished!!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think that has been a lovely thing for you to share! The steps you've been sharing have been so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, you are so patient showing us all how to make one! I really am going to try it... also, I think you left me a comment today but I don't know what happened to it??? I had some trouble with Blogger doing that the other day with my comments... I didn't want you to think I rejected it, it just disappeared before I could even read it! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings