Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finishing An Album

Can you believe I have finally made it to the last day?
I am so glad I was able to share my process of making this album.
Here is the cover of my album, boy isn't it a doozie?  There is a little of everything on there.
Can you see the embossed flowers? I really like all the charms hanging from the spine.
This is the right side of the book, remember I added this little booklet for extra space to put memorabilia.
I added a few embellishments but still might add a few other items like tabs.
Here is an open view of the album, love the two ring banded areas. I pulled the charms from the front spine.
Each page has a pocket, I haven't made the tags to slide in each pocket yet. I am going to make some before I give this album away.
 I had a mini vellum envelope and tag that was included in my kit I purchased from Kathy at Paper Phenomenon.I had to add even more bling with the gems down the pocket and the embossed flower.
  One last picture to share of the yummy paper and ribbon.
This was so fun to make and I am excited to have tried something new to me. Hope you enjoyed and maybe got a little inspiration.
Thanks for stopping, hope you come back soon.

11 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous! Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT, awesome project, very cool what you did!

    You could sell these!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn, it turned out just beautiful!!! I love those flowers and the little charms just add the perfect finishing touch! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Can't believe you are finished! Thanks so much for sharing your progress...it's been fun to watch from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the step-by-step instructions! I am going to try to tackle one of these this summer when I have a little spare time. Your album turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning project, Dawn. You really must enter this over at Practical Scrappers this week. Our challenge is dps and this is stunning. I love the cover, all the flowers and charms are just beautiful. I want one...(giggles)
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn this is astounding wow! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous project! I lvoe all the bling and flowers that you used to finish things off. A very treasured album indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've read through all of the other posts about making this beautiful album! Great stuff! This album is gorgeous, and your paper and color choices are stunning! Beautiful work. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn amazing album!!!! I have bookmarked this and hope to try making one very soon :)
    Thanks for a wonderful tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings